Thursday, February 8, 2018

Two Months Into Diagnosis


Some days it feels like it has been twelve years, other days only a week and a half, but it was TWO months ago, December 8th, that I was officially diagnosed with Stage 2 Breast Cancer. 

Since that time I have had:
 
4 mammograms
2 ultrasounds
2 MRIS
2 biopsies
1 heart ECHO (which was sorta an ultrasound)
2 surgeries
3 blood draws
2 port insertions
Nope, THREE port insertions because one was a “miss” (it wasn’t inserted correctly, but I am still counting it since that damn needle pierced the skin!)
1 chemo treatment involving four cocktails
3 Zofran anti nausea pills
5 bone jarring Granix shots
16 trips to Evergreen Hospital/Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
12 temper tantrums (thereabouts…)
55 sleepless nights
2 Valiums

Countless friends and family who hold me up and pray for me when I get angry/pissed/self-absorbed/frustrated/scared/scared/scared.

And one God who dang well better be in charge of all this because we know I’m not all that reliable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flunked The Hearing Test