Friday, February 16, 2018

I Have Cancer


Like, I just realized it.

I’m laying in bed yesterday for my second (or third?) nap wondering why in the tar am I so tired.  Then it dawned on me that two days prior I spent five hours getting toxins put in my body that the nurse wears gloves, gown and mask on to administer. 

And I lay there wondering, how come they’re doing that.

Um, you have cancer, little lady.

Honest to Pete, that was going through my head like it was some sort of sudden realization.  I was outside my body just now coming to this conclusion, despite being on this roller coaster for over two months.

I guess I’m just a slow learner.  Or in a lot of denial.  Or still hopped up from the meds on Tuesday (they might need to lower that relaxer one; I was really loopy this go-round).  Or it’s chemo brain.  We could call it all sorts of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flunked The Hearing Test