Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Chemo Round Two In The Books


The day at the  hospital started at 8:30 am and we left at 5:00 pm.

Two targeted Chemotherapies
Two general Chemotherapies
Steroids
Anti-nausea Meds
More Anti-nausea Meds
Lorazapam

Because the dosage of the meds is based on my weight, and I’m a total lightweight, when it came time to step on the scales, I stripped.  Not like strip stripped - c’mon, people.  But I did take off the coat, purse, vest, boots to get me as low as possible.  Figure I dropped 3-4 pounds just with that.

THEN I told the same nurse who missed last time that we were waiting to take the blood pressure until after the port was inserted – correctly. 

She said, “Oh, was it missed?”  Pause.  “Did I miss it?  It think I remember missing it.”

Since it was so memorable for you….

Anyway.  Went perfect, tasted metal (only in the medical industry does “taste metal” mean success).

And now I’m ready for bed.  Despite three naps.  My parents came and I was all sorts of entertaining (NOT) but that’s how chemo is.  A whole lotta nothing except a whole bunch of drugs/chemicals/poisons/cancer-killing stuff being IV’d into my veins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flunked The Hearing Test