Thursday, February 1, 2018

Chemo Bingo


I need to make up some bingo cards for Chemo.  Squares would say things like:

Nurse Missed the Port
Nurse Pounds in Second Attempt
Crying over Port Tape Removal
Emotional Meltdown
Subsequent “Relaxer” IV Injection
Hit IV Pole on Ankle on the Way to the Bathroom
Snack Run
Water Run
Warm Blanket Request
Nurse in Blue Gloves
Nurse Now in Thicker Orange Gloves – and Gown
Nap in Chemo Chair
Brain Freeze
Rash on Face
Back Rash
Nausea
Dry lips
Mouth sores
Peeling fingernail
Peeling toenail
Dry nose
Bloody nose
Fatigue
Steroid High
Steroid Crash
Forgetfulness
Food Tastes Like Cardboard
Burning Granix shot
Bone Pain
Back Labor
Swollen Tongue
Hair Loss
Prescription Write Up
Prescription No Thank You

I could do body functions but that would just make too elementary-school, “potty talk” (which I’m not above, but my mom and Kira read this).  I also know I’m missing 328 side effects, but I have chemo brain.

Then, for more Bingo cards we would have the blood pressure readings:

No numbers lower than 80… and … no numbers lower than 80 … but pretty good into the hundreds (sometimes both the top and bottom numbers, I’m such an overachiever).  My blood pressure has seen numbers where nurse/doctor people stand really close to me and shoot worried glances at each other.  In my defense, one of those times it was pre-“official”-diagnosis, following an ultrasound biopsy and the doctor and I were looking at this huge black mass on the screen and she was telling me “we are already putting a (cancer) team together for you.”

Shut up about that just being “one of the times.”  You coulda just skipped that part.

Who’s got paper?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flunked The Hearing Test